Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacant memory

Strange streets
sang slowly,
in songs redolent
with mystery,
drawing seductively
upon my open page;
empty, waiting,
ready to receive,
and yet tremulous,
not knowing
what would
be written,
or if the images
would need words
to hold them
in their place.

In response to Margo Roby Tuesday Vacation Tryout.
My challenge to you is to write a what I did during my summer vacation poem without anyone being able to tell that is your topic.
http://margoroby.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/tuesday-vacation-tryout/#respond

3 comments:

  1. 'or if the images
    would need words
    to hold them
    in their place'

    Love that. What a point of discussion for artists and writers.

    'Strange streets
    sang slowly,
    in songs'

    These are the lines I am drawn back to, rereading and again. Something there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The impression of anticipation yet disorientation in a strange place is what this poem gave me - sometimes travel is not all it's cracked up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margo

    and quite right vivinfrance!

    ReplyDelete