Sunday, October 21, 2012

Three wishes, or, be careful what you wish



I wished for peace,
then certainty and wealth
which gave me all,

I wanted, thought I needed
and when it came I realised 
money had a price -
payment made decisively
with your loss of life. 


We are asking you to write 33 words exactly about three wishes that come at a high price to the wisher.
http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/10/trifextra-thirty-eight.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+trifectawritingchallenge%2FIazs+%28Trifecta%29

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, good take on the prompt, very well tied up at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked that it's possible to say so much with so few words. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and sad and so very moving.
    dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. it so true that money doesnt buy happiness.However, we keep wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ironic message in this. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We must be careful for what we wish. You told that well here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad and so often true. Nice take.

    ReplyDelete