Thursday, November 15, 2012

You were mine




Your eyelash settled on dusted cheek
and rose and fell in silent sigh,
as breath and beat held sleeping court
and skin surrendered to the sheets,
with whispered tones of almond and honey.
I watched, held court, with time’s assent,
that rise and fall of chest and belly,
in wonder at the touch and feel
of Eros spreading wings in life.
You slept, not seeing what I saw,
nor hearing gentled tones of sound,
which sleep allowed escape and cause;
reminded me of what I had.
The dawn had given form to shape,
had filled the vision lastly felt,
and drawn my eyes to deeper truths,
which lay in languorous, light salute.
And in that moment, you were mine,
in all that life could offer up;
a holding fast to absolutes –
illusion smiled at both of us.



http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/prompt-131-its-post-your-poems-day/#respond.

Write a personal love poem, and do so without using the word “love” itself in your poem.

1 comment:

  1. oh excellent closure on this....made me smile though as i often will lay and watch mine sleep and think of how lucky i am...

    ReplyDelete