Friday, July 18, 2014

How do I love thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the days,
and then let me count the ways, and the
moments and the minutes and the hours,
and the weeks and the months and the years
and the decades and the lifetime, that I love

you and always have loved you, from the
time that you were born, because you came
from the deepest source of who I was, and
the depths of my being, in every way, shape
and form, brought to birth in love, for love

and through love and known as love for
all of the time we have been together, and
even when we are not, and even if we are
not, and even if we can never be, in that
way of comfortable, familiar, constant

love, but even then, that too is a way I can
and do and always will love you, and it is
a part of the many ways which make up
the how that I love you, for love is all,
and forever, and shape-shifts to become

whatever it needs to be and in truth,
there is no 'how' to love for love only
ever is itself, that eternal connection
between two people, that embrace between
two hearts, that melding of two minds...

that which we call love and find in many
manifestations, can only ever be itself,
and cannot be trimmed and cut neatly,
or be made to fit into any place or image,
and that is how I love you .....

No comments:

Post a Comment